Release Date: February 4, 2019
🌟 Register for our upcoming webinar on what's new in 2.32.
We'll cover what shipped in 2.32 and what will be upcoming in 2.34, including a preview of cycle and lead time! Register here.
We've made the process for multi-repo merging easier! 🎉
When creating Workspaces, you can select up to 5 repos at a time, but you can go through selecting up to 5 repos as many times as you need to map all your repos to a Workspace in a single workflow. Step-by-step guide.
As you add repos, you'll also now get a performance load time indicator to help determine how the amount of repos you're connecting will potentially impact load times. Learn more about repo combos and load times.
Markdown is now supported across Milestone and Release report descriptions!
We've made it easier for you to speak to a product expert, browse our self-serve guides, and access available 1-1 training resources. On the sidebar of all Workspaces is now a Support and training link.
You can also review what's upcoming, register for a webinar, or find links to easily get in touch! Access the resource page.
We've also shipped new self-serve guides to helps all team types and project management principles.
Here's a collection of what's new:
- Collection of backlog refinement tips
- Example Cumulative Flow Diagrams and what they mean / next steps if you spot similar trends
- Examples of ideal, stale, and off track Release report charts
- What is a ZenHub Board vs Workspace
- What is ZenHub vs GitHub in an Issue
- Creating multiple new Issue templates in a Workspace
- When to use checklists, Issues, and Epics
- Common questions on managing projects in ZenHub
We've made a ton of small, but mighty fixes to improve your experience. This includes:
- UI Improvement For teams on GitHub Enterprise 2.16 or higher, Issue templates will now pull metadata, including preferred titles, labels, and assignees.
- UI Improvement Workspaces now have distinct URLs.
- UI Improvement There's now more prominent UI when Board filters and search fields are active on the Board.
- UI Improvement We have matched the color of the weekend bans to that of the legend on the Burndown chart for easier viewing.
- UI Improvement We now truncate long repo-list names for un-named Workspaces on the extension.
- UI Improvement When merging multiple repos together, you can now drag-and-drop cards when organizing the pipeline stages.
- UI Improvement When modifying the pipelines or dates on the Cumulative Flow Diagram, changes now get saved in the URL for easier bookmarking and sharing.
- Bug Fix When navigating between GitHub tabs and ZenHub there will no longer be a page freeze or glitch.
- Bug Fix If two Milestones have the same name they will no longer overlap on the Velocity report.
- Bug Fix When selecting multiple Issue cards on the Board the clear all will no longer disappear.
- Bug Fix Duplicate Issue templates will no longer appear in the Issue template navigation dropdown. The New Issue modal will also no longer crash if they're not properly added via markdown.
- Bug Fix When a user has been removed from your GitHub organization, we retain the assignee events. On these events, we have fixed no username appearing and ensure the event makes sense even in the absence of a username.
- Bug Fix Checkboxes next to pipeline names selected will now appear on mobile for the Cumulative Flow Diagram table.
- Bug Fix For teams using GitHub Enterprise 2.16 or higher, ZenHub now supports GitHub Issue transfer/delete functionality.
- Bug Fix Multi-action Milestone changes are now sent in series to properly complete the requests and update the Issues on the Board without failing.
- Performance When selecting Issues on the Board using multi-action, the select all functionality now selects up to 75 Issues instead of the previous 50.
In addition to the bug fixes and enhancements listed above, here's important admin notes.
If you are using GitHub Enterprise 2.13, support for multiple Issue templates will not be available as this is not supported in GitHub repositories in 2.13. 2.32 also does not officially support 2.13—We encourage an upgrade to 2.14 or higher to take advantage of all the available functionality!
We have deprecated official support for ZenHub Enterprise versions below 2.24. We officially support the following ZenHub Enterprise versions: 2.32, 2.30, 2.28, 2.27.
That's all for now ✌🏻!