Release Date: Sept 4, 2018
IMPORTANT ADMIN NOTE For admins managing the ZenHub Enterprise instance, please view our important admin updates. Action is required to ensure your Chrome extension doesn't become un-listed.
2.27 contains filter enhancements, a bundle of bug fixes that further polish the ZenHub experience, important architecture and security updates, and introduces a bundle of UX improvements.
Below is a summary of the latest enhancements and new features released to ZenHub Enterprise.
- Author and Estimate filters and updated any or all filtering logic
- New API endpoints for Dependencies
- A bundle of UX and bug fixes for Markdown, Burndown, and Epics
- Security and infrastructure updates
Have questions or want a 1-on-1 walkthrough of the updates? Send us a note at email@example.com and let us know how we can help. We'll set up a custom walkthrough to help you with the latest updates.
Two new filters have been added! Filter by Estimates and Authors. Easily compare two or more Issues to ensure that estimates are accurate, figure out which Issues can be slotted into a sprint based on size, and find Issues you've created on the Board easier.
There's a new API endpoint for creating Dependencies. Learn more here
We've made a ton of small, but mighty fixes to improve your experience. This includes:
- Markdown Fix Line breaks now render properly in the web app, no longer appearing on the same line.
- Markdown fix There will no longer be extra, unwanted spaces after @ mentions.
- Slack integration We fixed a bug that didn’t allow the ability to add custom webhooks and Slack integration for ZenHub using the new Dashboard.
- Burndown improvement The background color for weekends on the Burndown Chart are now darker for easy weekend identification.
- Board improvement When clicking Load more Issues on the Closed pipeline you'll now get feedback that Issues are loading.
- Board improvement Extra spaces in the pipeline headers have been removed to clean up the UI and give back extra Board space.
- Board improvement Opening images from Issues on the Board modal will no longer open blank new tabs, but properly load.
- Epic improvement The missing closed Issue icon in the Epic Builder view is now back.
- Epic improvement Links from the Epic box will no longer open blank new tabs.
- Epic improvement When filtering by an Epic, we've improved the copy to be more descriptive about what is actually happening. The Epic button now show Filter by Epic Issues, while once activated, you'll see a clear option, Remove Epic filter
- Performance improvement When viewing the assignee list in ZenHub, you'll no longer experience a loading lag when you have a large list of potential assignees.
Final removal of the ToDo feature will take place in 2.27. As announced in ZenHub Enterprise 2.22, we are officially sunsetting the ToDo feature.
In addition to the bug fixes and enhancements listed above, here's important admin notes.
ACTION REQUIRED The Chrome Store has an updated terms of service, which requires all extensions, including those unlisted (the ZenHub Enterprise extension is unlisted) to have a valid logo, description, and image assets. We have added instructions and an asset package in the settings page of your ZenHub Enterprise admin page.
You can also download the assets here: asset package, using the following description:
ZenHub is the only project management tool that integrates natively within GitHub's user interface. No lengthy onboarding. No configuration headaches. No separate logins. Developers stay in an environment they love, and Project Managers get total visibility into the development process.
Visualize Issues & Track Dependencies - Multi-Repo Task Boards allow you to track and provide transparency into your development process using existing GitHub data. Drag and drop Issues between pipelines, filter by labels, assign Issues, view Issues linked with Pull Requests, visualize blockers with Issue dependencies, and much more.
Plan Sprints & Epics - Epics let you group multiple GitHub Issues together for better planning and tracking and collaborating on product backlogs. Use GitHub Milestones to create sprints, then add story points to track progress.
Actionable Reports - Release Reports, Velocity Tracking, and Burndowns all enable more accurate predictions and continuous improvement insights. Determine team pace and efficiency, detect trends to improve processes, and measure the value delivered to end-users.
Have any questions? Don't hesitate to tweet (@ZenHubHQ) or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
ZenHub Enterprise 2.27 supports the following GitHub Enterprise versions: 2.12, 2.13, and 2.14. We have deprecated official support for ZenHub Enterprise versions below 2.18. We officially support the following ZenHub Enterprise versions: 2.27, 2.24, 2.22, 2.20, 2.18
IMPORTANT Starting on September 1st, 2018, Firefox will not allow submissions to the add-on store that use jQuery 2. We upgraded ZenHub's jQuery to 3 in 2.27, which includes upgraded security and performance improvements. Note: Add-ons that are currently on the add-on store won’t be affected unless you make one of the below changes to your appliance:
- The hostname of the instance hosting ZenHub changes.
- The hostname of the instance hosting GitHub changes.
- You make changes to the GitHub settings of the ZenHub application, including changes to the: OAuth URL, GitHub application ID, GitHub application secret, or GitHub application token.
- The domain ID is changed on the ZenHub Enterprise admin settings page.
Any of these changes will require uploading a new extension to the Firefox add-on Store. This will be considered a new add-on and the new extension version won’t update for existing add-on users. Please get in touch with us if you need to make any of these changes prior to upgrading to 2.27.
Lastly, we updated the NGINX configuration to further improve the security of the application.
That's all for now ✌🏻!