Release Date: Nov 2, 2017
Below is a summary of the latest enhancements and new features released to ZenHub Enterprise.
- Visualize Issue Dependencies on the Board
- Create, edit, and remove cross-repo Milestones using the web app
- 35 new keyboard shortcuts to navigate ZenHub
- Easily invite and get your team onboard
- Improved onboarding and tutorials help you navigate and get started with ZenHub
- Board and Issue UI enhancements make it easier to collaborate
- Read/Write API endpoints for Release Reports and Milestone creation
- Enhancements to the web app make navigating public and personal repos easier
- Admin updates related to API rate limits
Have questions or want a 1-on-1 walkthrough of the updates? Send us a note at email@example.com and let us know how we can help. We'll set up a custom walkthrough to help you with the latest updates.
When Dependencies get added to Issues, the relationship between blocked Issues is now viewable directly on your Board. Four different icons will appear across your Issues as Dependencies get added:
- This Issue is blocked by other Issues
- This Issue is blocking another Issue
- Issue is blocked by another Issue, as well as blocking an Issue
- When a question mark appears on an Issue, it indicates that a dependency exists but it is being filtered out. It should only appear when you have a multi-repo Board and are only showing a subset of those repos on the Board. To update the Issue with it’s blocking status, click the show all button on the repo filter on the top left of the Board
To filter the Board by a Dependency, click on the Dependency icon on the Issue card and select Filter by this Issue's Dependencies.
If you've created a multi-repo task Board, ZenHub makes it easy to create, and manage a GitHub Milestone spanning several repositories. This eliminates the need to duplicate work when managing your Burndown charts and sprints. To manage cross-repo Milestones, a Milestones tab will be present in the top navigation on the web app for all your Boards.
Unsure when to use a Milestone versus create a Release? Check out our guide to using Milestones and Releases together.
Quickly navigate ZenHub through your keyboard no matter where you are. With a suite of 35 new keyboard shortcuts, you can now swiftly navigate between Boards, reports, multi-select actions, and perform Issue actions.
Access the suite of shortcuts through the Shortcuts option via the Settings dropdown or head to guides.
We've made easier for you to bring your team onboard. You can now access a sharable link to get started with ZenHub through the Settings dropdown on the Board. Click on Send an Invite to get a unique shareable link to onboard your team.
To help teams get familiar with core features and track progress as they get started a new tutorial page in the web app offers in-app tutorials and easy access to ZenHub guides helps teammembers get familiar and onboarded into ZenHub.
Multiple enhancements across Issues and the Board improve the way you collaborate and visualize work, as well as help better plan for future Releases.
Issue events are now collapsed by default across both web app and extension. This will save space between comments to keep important cross-Issue referencing events and collaboration more visible.
Filter the Board by Issues not in a Release through the Release filter to have visibility into Issues that haven't been added to help with future project plans.
To make it easier to understand how activity around Pipeline changes and multi-repo Board connect/disconnect events impact others in the team, we've added an additional step to make changes. The new modals outline the impact pipeline deletions and multi-repo Board connections will have on the rest of the team.
We've launched a suite of new API endpoints for Releases. See what's new in our API documentation.
If you are a collaborator on a private repo or need to access a public repo in the web app you can now click on the sidebar dropdown to navigate to Private repos you have access to and search to Find public repos.
Reviewing a Release plan and notice a missing Issue not being tracked? You can now create an Issue from anywhere in the ZenHub web app using the new + button in the top nav to avoid navigating away from the task at hand.
If teams have Issue Templates created in a repo in GitHub, these templates will now appear in the web app when creating new Issues.
In addition to the bug fixes and enhancements listed above, we've made improvements for administrators. Below is a list of important updates for administrators managing the ZenHub Enterprise appliance.
- We now support the ability to change the rate limite for the ZenHub API via a new command line tool
That's all for now ✌🏻!