2016 has been a big year for ZenHub. In fact, it’s been our biggest year yet and we couldn’t have done it without you.
Here were some of the highlights:
- We published a book: Better Software & Stronger Teams. We're thrilled that thousands of developers and project managers have enjoyed reading it, and we encourage you to download it for free if you haven't already.
- Our CEO, Matt Butler, spoke during platform day at GitHub Universe. Also, GitHub Octoverse showed that ZenHub continues to be the largest and fastest growing project management integration in GitHub.
- A new ZenHub free tier was introduced for small teams of five or less.
- In addition to the book, we also published a white paper: The Developer-Driven Company. Included were results from our customer survey showing that teams who adopt ZenHub see 52% more time spent in GitHub.
- We tripled the size of our ZenHub Enterprise business this year, and it continues to be one of our growing segments.
We also made a ton of product progress this year. Our engineering team made enhancements and shipped incredible new features!
The ability to create Epics inside GitHub was by far one of our most-requested features and brought ZenHub to a whole new level. Using ZenHub Epics you can add that crucial "extra layer" of hierarchy to your GitHub issues.
We expanded our reporting suite with the launch of Velocity Charts. This displays your team's historical speed of work, allowing you to see exactly how much value your team can ship each sprint. The best part is that they're built using your live GitHub data, making them incredibly accurate.
Bulk actions on the task board brought issue updating to the big-leagues. Whether you're updating labels, assignees, milestones, epics, or even making movements to many issues and pull requests between pipelines at once, it can now be done much faster.
Runner-up: Performance Refactor
ZenHub is now more than 5x faster and more robust than ever! Our engineering team shipped a major performance refactor, and started using a more functional approach to programming that makes it easier for us to ship new features for you.
Other 2016 releases
- Integrations for Slack, Gitter, HipChat, Spark, and custom webhooks
- See multiple assignees, Milestones, and Epics from issue cards on the board
- Advanced board filtering: select/exclude assignees, labels, Milestones, and Epics
- Sort pipelines by title, creation date, repository, estimate, Milestones, and assignees
- Various improvements to Burndown Charts
See our changelog for the full list!
✨ Happy Holidays from the ZenHub team!
We wish each and every one of you a tremendously successful 2017. All of ZenHub's above progress was made possible by our amazing community of forward-thinking developers and project managers who push the boundaries of software development. We're confident that you'll continue shipping the best software this world has ever seen.